offline   (4)
September 27 2012 11:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
empireofcrime
alley lurker
46 Posts
36/M/KS

September 27 2012 12:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY

In the midst of remarks otherwise ridiculing the president’s tax record, Romney said: “I admit this, [President Obama] has one thing he did not do in his first four years — he’s said he’s going to do in the next four years, which is to raise taxes.

“The president has raised taxes on the middle class, as determined by the Supreme Court,” Romney said in August, referring to the high court’s decision to uphold Obama’s health care law based on Congress’s constitutional authority to levy taxes.

The Romney campaign offered a correction tonight.

“President Obama has raised taxes on millions of middle-class Americans during his first term in office,” spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg said in a statement. “Governor Romney was clearly communicating about an additional tax increase President Obama is proposing on American small businesses that will jeopardize over 700,000 jobs. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will stop the President’s tax increases, create 12 million new jobs, and turn our economy around.”

click here for link
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
September 27 2012 4:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
"Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will stop the President’s tax increases, create 12 million new jobs, turn our economy around, make gas and ice cream free, colonize every planet in the solar system, make all farts smell like freshly baked cookies, make all other countries love the US, and will make every single woman in the entire US incredibly hot. And thats all within their first 20 minutes in office.
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,458 Posts
40/M/NY

offline   (4)
December 6 2012 5:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Jim DeMint to Resign Senate Seat for Heritage Foundation

By Alex AltmanDec. 06, 20120    

South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint, an ardent voice for conservative principles, announced Thursday that he is resigning from Congress to become president of the Heritage Foundation, a top conservative think tank in Washington.

Wesley Denton, DeMint’s communications director, told TIME the Senator made the decision to leave the Senate Wednesday, and would be addressing Heritage staffers today. He will leave the Senate in early January. Nikki Haley, South Carolina’s Republican governor, will appoint DeMint’s successor; a special election for the seat will be held in 2014. At least two members of South Carolina’s congressional delegation, Republicans Tim Scott and Mick Mulvaney, are thought to be eying a bid for higher office. The state’s senior Senator, Republican Lindsey Graham, is also up for re-election in 2014.

DeMint’s decision, which was first reported by the Wall Street Journal, was a surprise. The South Carolinian coasted to a second term in 2010, and while he had said he didn’t intend to stand for re-election again, his abrupt retirement sent shock waves around Capitol Hill and stripped the Senate of one of its most powerful Tea Party members. DeMint quickly emerged as a general in the conservative insurgency that rose up during Barack Obama’s first term. He became a hero to anti-tax conservatives, crusading against earmarks, helping to foment the Tea Party rebellion and bucking Republican leaders who wavered from the party’s small-government principles. DeMint also led efforts to recruit staunch conservatives to the upper chamber, using his political action committee, the Senate Conservatives Fund, to bolster the candidacies of such new Senators as Marco Rubio and Pat Toomey.

Dwarn
9/11 = Inside Job
5,971 Posts
44/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 7 2012 12:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
What's the applause for? I don't get it, sorry.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
29/M/WV

offline   (1)
December 8 2012 9:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
because Jim Demint is an awful cunthair who deserves to die and it's a good thing that he isn't in the US Senate anymore.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
December 8 2012 6:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: 3,000 piece McNugget

because Jim Demint is an awful cunthair who deserves to die and it's a good thing that he isn't in the US Senate anymore.

But but but.. both parties are exactly the same! Everything both do is bad and there is no difference at all... and if you find that they are different on the environment (which is not limited solely to climate change, thanks), reproductive rights, gay rights, women's rights, etc... those are just wedge issues because they don't affect straight, white men.
Man is Truth
sleeps on hills
5,530 Posts
42/M/NJ

offline   (11)
December 8 2012 10:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
no it's more like, all of those things that you are saying as though Republican issues just aren't; there are Democratic every kinda elected positions that oppose this and that and support this and that "right" wing talking point- it's all double-talk, back-peddling bullshit except in high-profile media gate-keeper electoral culture centers featured on tv. Just look locally at your own Democratic party (white male petty nobility business-class and EMT/Fire-men para-militaristic neo-con types all over). Look at any various local Democratic office-holders, council-men and shit. Look at any Union...comeon dude. Red V Blue is for the dullards of the 20th century.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
December 9 2012 12:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
"Just look locally at your own Democratic party (white male petty nobility business-class and EMT/Fire-men para-militaristic neo-con types all over). Look at any various local Democratic office-holders, council-men and shit. Look at any Union...comeon dude. Red V Blue is for the dullards of the 20th century."

Look at what state I fucking live in. White male? Uh, there are still a lot of them, but compared to most of the rest of the country.. eh, not so much. Look at any union? You mean like the union I was a member of for a few years? Also, you fault them for somehow being similar to EMTs and fire fighters? Maybe you should try making some arguments here that aren't just run-on jibberish or blanket statements that once again assume that what you see in your tiny area of the nation is exactly what goes on everywhere else. I have to wonder... have YOU ever bothered to actually go to any city council meetings, ever met your representatives, or ever been in a union? Also, frankly, it seems over and over again that you keep harping on the simple fact that these people have more money than you do... even if they don't necessarily have all that much money in the first place.
Man is Truth
sleeps on hills
5,530 Posts
42/M/NJ

offline   (11)
December 9 2012 12:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I am not really speaking for the nation, but if even my own experience is the one exception, your bullshit anti-republican gatekeeper talking point stuff is just not based in the real world, but rather the embellishment of a narrative that is manufactured by ruling-class think-tanks.

So, in my experience, the laboring unions are racist white people that literally use their influence to exclude blacks and mexicans, the municipal politicians and political appointments are neocon war-mongers and anti-civil rights, anti-privacy haters, and the democratic voters are largely trashy, ignorant, racist, xenophobic, sexist, "gun-loving" etc, many "conservative" shortcomings.

So if they are Democrats and say, openly oppose gay marriage, openly support executive drone programs, what does that do to your narrative?
Dwarn
9/11 = Inside Job
5,971 Posts
44/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 9 2012 1:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
3000pcMcNugget, the opinion you think you have about Mr. DeMint is not actually your own. Really you're just repeating some editorial in some CFR media outlet like WSJ or US News and World Report. You need to take a deeper look at the hidden hand behind all politics and mainstream media, the Council on Foreign Relations. Read Quigley's book, Tragedy and Hope. Until you do, you are going to view world events only through their false left-right paradigm.
Dwarno
7/11 = My Real Job
119 Posts
44/M/PA

offline   (7)
December 9 2012 8:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Silly sheeple, tricks are for Jews.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
December 9 2012 12:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Man is Truth

I am not really speaking for the nation, but if even my own experience is the one exception, your bullshit anti-republican gatekeeper talking point stuff is just not based in the real world, but rather the embellishment of a narrative that is manufactured by ruling-class think-tanks.

So, in my experience, the laboring unions are racist white people that literally use their influence to exclude blacks and mexicans, the municipal politicians and political appointments are neocon war-mongers and anti-civil rights, anti-privacy haters, and the democratic voters are largely trashy, ignorant, racist, xenophobic, sexist, "gun-loving" etc, many "conservative" shortcomings.

So if they are Democrats and say, openly oppose gay marriage, openly support executive drone programs, what does that do to your narrative?

Well, that might be true... if I opposed all Republicans or opposed them because of their party, not their policies. You are not speaking for the nation? So was I supposed to look at YOUR little corner of the world only.. or my own?

As for labor unions, in your experience? What experience is that?

Also... you say gun-loving is a conservative shortcoming, which I am sure you assume I believe. While I do believe in some sane gun control, I'm also a shareholder in Smith & Wesson. Maybe the problem isn't MY supposed assumptions about Republicans but YOUR assumptions about me and about those who disagree with your ludicrously psychotic stance that there are no meaningful differences between the parties. You'll also get a lot further with people when you stop your loonish stream of consciousness rant descriptions and stop talking down to literally everyone who disagrees with you in the slightest.
Dwarn
9/11 = Inside Job
5,971 Posts
44/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 9 2012 10:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Oh, Crunkmoose, give it up!! It's most certainly NOT a ludicrously psychotic stance to say the two establishment political parties have no meaningful differences. Prof. Carroll Quigley, the historian of the Council on Foreign Relations, admitted in his own writings that that was precisely the objective of the CFR. Once again (this will be at least the third time I have posted this) I will post the quote, because either you still don't get it, or don't want to.

click here for link
In Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in Our Time, Professor Quigley wrote:

"The argument that the two [political] parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead the two parties should be almost identical, so the that American people can 'throw the rascals out' at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy." [5-Quigley, pp.1247-1248]

crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
December 10 2012 12:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
" It's most certainly NOT a ludicrously psychotic stance to say the two establishment political parties have no meaningful differences."

Birth control. Gay rights. Abortion. Even equal pay for women.

But, hey.. no wonder you don't think those things matter. Look at the homepage of the site you are linking to.

click here for link
forum Politics and Society ›› Tea Party movement ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Tea Party movement

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band