forum Politics and Society ›› Tea Party movement ›› new reply Post Reply
G uNiT UgLy
g@unit.cum
3,233 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (4)
September 19 2011 3:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: LEATHERFACE

What the Tea Party lacks in intelligence they more than make up for with sheer willpower. They are, however, smart enough to know that the only thing their liberal counterparts are capable of is ridicule, which they have been emphasizing to great effect. They've been called racists, bigots, tea-baggers, homophobes, Islamophobes, idiots, asshats, and, best of all, radicals. But all that's just because people are afraid of them and they know it, and they will continue to feed off the left's ignorance until they win. In their own ignorance they have been successfully hijacked by Corporate America. Neither the Tea Party or their opposition has actually taken time to sit down and think. That's pretty sad America.

that's because they are racists, bigots, tea-baggers, homophobes, Islamophobes, idiots, asshats, and, most of all, ignorant, uneducated, assholes. they can't stand the fact that a black man was elected president of "their country" and this is the single fact that has galvanized them into a mass movement whether they are conscious of it or not. there may even be a few decent people peppered in amongst them too, but these have long since been lost in the crowd. people are afraid of them because people are instinctively afraid of all forms of lynch mobs deep down in their bones. anyone with a brain not addled by dementia or meth or stone-cold stupidity took about 3 seconds to figure that out; you can smell it on them a mile away. they are everything that is sad and malignant about america.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 19 2011 4:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
^ exactly this, but with a little less personal hatred
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
September 19 2011 6:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
so they're tea baggers, and homophobes you say? very interesting. please, go on
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 19 2011 7:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
^ valid point. calling them asshats doesn't help either.

though it's obviously worth distinguishing between poorly considered insults and actual campaigning against and feeling threatened by equal rights for homosexuals.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
September 19 2011 7:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: marksaysno

^ valid point. calling them asshats doesn't help either.

though it's obviously worth distinguishing between poorly considered insults and actual campaigning against and feeling threatened by equal rights for homosexuals.

If you were at a rally speaking against a group of klansmen, you wouldn't come up with some semi- witty excuse to say "nigger", and I don't see how its any different. What I think it is is groups of people who grew up when calling someone gay on the playground was an acceptable insult, they don't want to watch dudes make out, but if they get called on their own borderline homophobia need to demonstrate their love for equality. So they rally behind the right for gays to marry, they get a token gay friend, etc... just so long as mark and steve aren't over at their house party smashing bottoms in their bed.

I asked for a logical reason to oppose a party whose main platform should be something we can all get behind, and made the obersvation that most of the opposition seems to be knee jerk reactions from the youth who see this as their parent's political party. he responded "they are racists, bigots, tea-baggers, homophobes, Islamophobes, idiots, asshats, and, most of all, ignorant, uneducated, assholes."

He then went on to make a point about the closet racism that brought the party into the limelight, which, while i think he has it overstated, hes still barking up the right tree. Nonetheless, i don't see why people oppose the entire party on their entire grounds because it has a large handful of closet racists inside it.
G uNiT UgLy
g@unit.cum
3,233 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (4)
September 19 2011 7:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kevlar Moneyclips

so they're tea baggers, and homophobes you say? very interesting. please, go on

Top 10 Anti-Gay Activists Caught Being Gay
click here for link

also

crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
September 19 2011 7:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Thing is.. most of what we are hearing from those who are pro-tea party here is incredibly vague. Do I want smaller government? Yes... but that doesn't mean I don't care about HOW you cut government. Do I want lower taxes? It would be nice, but really our taxes aren't all that terrible. I don't LIKE that I have to pay taxes on my relatively low wages, but I realize that I should do it. I would prefer lower taxes, but I don't want lower taxes for the wealthy, not because of any moral stand against them, but because the wealthy have a duty to pay taxes as well, and if I can be asked to pay a percentage that actually makes a small difference in how I live, then they can as well. Thats not unfair, it won't make them poor, and frankly I get sick and fucking tired of all these people giving reasons for not taxing the wealthiest that amount to little more than blackmail.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
September 19 2011 7:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah, it happens all the time. A lot of these dudes are fucking weirdos. You're still using the term "gay" or the implications that someone is gay as an insult. Meanwhile, you're kind of trying to insinuate that the whole party is fucked up because of some anti gay activists who fuck dudes. it makes no sense.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 19 2011 7:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
he was responding to something else, not directly to your post. but i won't speak for him.

as pointed out, not everyone can get behind "lower taxes" as an absolute principle. many people would like the richest to pay more. the tea party movement (it's not a party) does not want the government "out of your lives" - they want to impose socially conservative and religious morals upon people.

so i don't think they have some sort of lockdown on these wonderful political ideals that everyone loves. plus, all the racism, anti-science and conspiracy theories. i don't see what anybody who isn't socially conservative, religious republican could possibly see in them really. or at very least, nothing that you cannot see in ron paul.

he might be socially conservative and religious and racist and homophobic too, but wants less government in peoples lives (at least he's against drug prohibition) and comes across as much less mental.
G uNiT UgLy
g@unit.cum
3,233 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (4)
September 19 2011 7:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kevlar Moneyclips

yeah, it happens all the time. A lot of these dudes are fucking weirdos. You're still using the term "gay" or the implications that someone is gay as an insult. Meanwhile, you're kind of trying to insinuate that the whole party is fucked up because of some anti gay activists who fuck dudes. it makes no sense.

Originally posted by: G uNiT UgLy

Originally posted by: LEATHERFACE

What the Tea Party lacks in intelligence they more than make up for with sheer willpower. They are, however, smart enough to know that the only thing their liberal counterparts are capable of is ridicule, which they have been emphasizing to great effect. They've been called racists, bigots, tea-baggers, homophobes, Islamophobes, idiots, asshats, and, best of all, radicals. But all that's just because people are afraid of them and they know it, and they will continue to feed off the left's ignorance until they win. In their own ignorance they have been successfully hijacked by Corporate America. Neither the Tea Party or their opposition has actually taken time to sit down and think. That's pretty sad America.

sense of parallel irony. get some. maybe read some jonathan swift sometime.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
September 19 2011 7:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
That makes no sense at all. And my comment was specifically referencing something about eating irish babies.
G uNiT UgLy
g@unit.cum
3,233 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (4)
September 19 2011 7:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
September 19 2011 8:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It started when he blogged about how men are basically enslaved by women, and in the process compared all females to 4-year-olds. After some outrage and debate about whether or not he was joking, he deleted the post. Feel free to read the comments on that page. I'm sure they're well thought out, calm and insightful.

Getty
But the text of the post was saved and passed around to feminist websites, and from then on it was an anger fist-a-thon, and everybody brought spiked gloves. Adams attacked the feminists, saying that they were too stupid to understand his message in the first place. He said it all came down to poor reading comprehension, presumably by their inferior woman-brains. He then created multiple accounts under fake names, trolling around comment sections defending his point of view ... because nobody else was going to.

When it was all done, he posted again and excused his actions by falling back on that old go-to defense of, "It was all just a social experiment, and you all fell right into my trap! It's too complicated to understand, so just trust me when I tell you that it all went exactly as I had planned." At any point he could have resolved it by simply clarifying what he meant, or even apologizing to those he offended. But his anger wouldn't let him. No matter how big of a clusterfuck the situation turned into, he just could not let those mean people win.

Read more: 4 Anger Management Tips the Internet Could Really Use | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-anger-management-tips-internet-could-really-use/#ixzz1YRixtqSu
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
September 19 2011 8:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
anyway, to sum it all up, I hate the watered down corporate lackeys that define the right wing scene in America today almost as much as I hate the left who seem currently to exist soley to oppose the right at every opportunity. I think the trickle down economics theory is still about the best plan currently around to improve things, and thats pretty sad because its really just a giant load of shit. I'd like to see some sort of libertarian paradise where I don't have to pull out my ID everyplace i go, but in real life I think the only thing thats gonna fix anything is more cops with less rubber bullets and itchier trigger fingers.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (26)
September 20 2011 2:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
forum Politics and Society ›› Tea Party movement ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Tea Party movement

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics