forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 25 2009 4:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:LastOnePicked

Originally posted by:paradelights

"You can't always just assume that any Muslim acting or any Christian acting is operating under accurate understanding of their religion."

You're right. But you also can't just assume that your current understanding of your religion was always the prevailing understanding of it.

How can I not? The evidence of how Jesus acted is written in history, and so is the evidence of how muhammad acted. Also, you must recognize that at a time where Christians were going on crusades or burning "witches" many people didn't really even know how to read, and they didn't have a bible on their coffee table. Printers weren't invented till later.

I want to emulate Jesus, so how do you think I should act? Is that to hard to ask?
Brett Weir
im gay
45,163 Posts
34/M/NY

offline   (8)
November 25 2009 4:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

i forgot who i'm talking too....your probably thinking Bush represents all that is Christian and waged that war based on his religious belief system.....so i'm out as far as talking to you about this.

and you think all people of Islam are represented by Osama Bin Laden?

You're fucking dense.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,534 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 25 2009 6:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
tommy...first off get off my cock as far as posts goes....you follow my posts around like your Will (GTG) of 2 years ago.....i guess i've gained another lover on this board....oh joy for me.

and where did i say anything like that any where in this thread???

that's right your assuming that i think all Muslims are terrorist.....good going.
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (25)
November 25 2009 6:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: paradelights

Originally posted by:LordLuvKnuckle

Originally posted by: paradelights

I agree with Seeinsparklesyet to an extent. It's a bit more than just a piece of paper. Marriage is mixing families together for accountability as well as love. Marriage is a promise bonded with sacrifice. Except on rare occasions, you will not find a commitment as strong by just "living together." You're essentially not demonstrating to your woman that you love her enough to love her family as well as her with any kind of sacrifice and openness with her family.

If some dude wanted to take my daughter away and just "live with her." I'd straight up call him unmannly and probably take a gun with me to the mans house to get her back. There is no way I'd let my daughter live with a wussy like that. If you really love her, show her you love her and be man enough to marry her family as well. Anything less and you're using her like a prostitute you don't pay.

you have to have sex to have kids. And i bet they turn into the most rebellious things on the planet.

And you have the most fucked up and skewed views on Relationship and sexual relations, which really explains A LOT! ! !

I turned out highly unrebellious, only relbellious to stupidity.
As for relationships, it's screwed up to you to want marriage? what kind of planet do you live on? Do you walk on your hands and poop out of your mouth by any chance?

first off, i have to lol at the pooping out of the mouth statement.

secondly, i completely get what you mean about marriage being a commitment to the family as well. so far me and my fiance have been together for a few years and we do plan on getting married, but not for another 3 years (give or take). But i can say that he has met everyone in my family from my youngest cousin to my oldest grandfather. he was in my sisters wedding and has fully supported me in every way possible. and for him to stick around with as batty as my mother is then he's a keeper. haha
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 25 2009 7:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
^pretty awesome. congrats. I hope the marriage comes sooner. 3 years is forever.
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
32/M/CA

offline     (33)
November 25 2009 7:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
surprise surprise, matt sidetracks and ruins another thread. worst person.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 25 2009 7:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
not sure how discussing this stuff is bad
Swartzwelder
comma John
1,565 Posts
38/M/PA

offline     (10)
November 25 2009 7:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
To answer the original question:

There are hundreds of religions in the world, most peoples beliefs being centered around their geographic location and the predominant faith of that location. Logically all of these religions can't be correct, and on the slim chance "God" exists, who knows which of these hundreds of religions is correct. It's all about the culture you're raised in as well as how strongly your parents, and their parents and so on back the line, held their beliefs.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 25 2009 7:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
That's not necessarily true since the biggest Christian church in the world is in China, and there is currently a huge movement of converted Christians from Islam in the Muslim communities.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 25 2009 7:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
studies should be done about why people convert.
Swartzwelder
comma John
1,565 Posts
38/M/PA

offline     (10)
November 25 2009 7:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I just think it's insanely egocentric to think that one out of hundreds of religions is the truth. It's also delusional to be that sure of something with no evidence whatsoever, but that's the definition of faith.
Swartzwelder
comma John
1,565 Posts
38/M/PA

offline     (10)
November 25 2009 7:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

studies should be done about why people convert.

The same reason people buy knives and vacuum cleaners. Door to door sales.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 25 2009 8:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Wasted Years

I just think it's insanely egocentric to think that one out of hundreds of religions is the truth. It's also delusional to be that sure of something with no evidence whatsoever, but that's the definition of faith.

out of millions of answers to 2+2= 4.
The thing I like about Christianity is it doesn't require you to divorce you logic and reason. There is historical evidence that Jesus lived and died and rose again. In fact, that was the entire claim behind the explosion of 2000 converts. They claimed they saw the risen Christ. "Faith" is faith with the pre-knowledge of God, and then trusting in his promises. Of course, you can't scientifically prove God with a test tube, just like you can't scientifically prove George Washington walked the earth or how the Egyptians thought process worked (I mean that thought is proved with secondary evidence and seen through actions), you merely have indications of such with secondary evidence.
Nnn
Time Husk
875 Posts
64/M/SC

November 25 2009 8:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
god is a concept for brain wizards.
Swartzwelder
comma John
1,565 Posts
38/M/PA

offline     (10)
November 25 2009 9:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by:Wasted Years

out of millions of answers to 2+2= 4.
The thing I like about Christianity is it doesn't require you to divorce you logic and reason. There is historical evidence that Jesus lived and died and rose again. In fact, that was the entire claim behind the explosion of 2000 converts. They claimed they saw the risen Christ. "Faith" is faith with the pre-knowledge of God, and then trusting in his promises. Of course, you can't scientifically prove God with a test tube, just like you can't scientifically prove George Washington walked the earth or how the Egyptians thought process worked (I mean that thought is proved with secondary evidence and seen through actions), you merely have indications of such with secondary evidence.

Logic and reason tell me that:
A: People don't die and comeback to life days later.
B: There's no scientifically possible way for a "virgin birth."
C: You can't walk on water without camera tricks or wires.
forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: why are you not christian?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?