forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply
Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
23,560 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 25 2009 11:22 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:adam.

you do realize that claiming the opposite is just as ridiculous, right?

no I don't. Come on now obvious I know.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,480 Posts
41/M/PA

online   (1)
November 25 2009 11:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Sharplimbed

Originally posted by: sidney

pollcat.....only crazy people who are completely off their rocker would believe in an after life.....i've totally gone 180 and decided i agree with all the non-believers in this thread.....

but why would you believe? what makes you think there is? there could be, but it just doesn't seem like there's any reason to think, nevermind believe, there is.

because, first off, the converastion is tiring and never goes anywhere......but the big reason is because the people who believe have something called Faith....it is as simple as that.

i can't prove it to be fact, nor will i try.......in the same way you or anyone else can prove me wrong.

the only thing i try to defend is people telling me that religion is wrong, stupid or takes you down some doomed road.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,502 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (13)
November 25 2009 11:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
when you say religion, you mean christianity.
you know you wouldnt have a problem if people said those things about islam.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,480 Posts
41/M/PA

online   (1)
November 25 2009 11:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
different conversation.....the only thing bad i say about Islam is that it by far has the most violent nut jobs out there these days following it and gets the white glove handling when talked about in the media.
white trash dirt bag
pass the whore
2,167 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (6)
November 25 2009 12:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
^five hundred years ago, the exact same thing could have been said about christianity.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,480 Posts
41/M/PA

online   (1)
November 25 2009 1:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:white trash dirt bag

^five hundred years ago, the exact same thing could have been said about christianity.

that's fucking fantastic......who the fuck cares about 500 years ago???

i hate when people use that comparison....if that was the thinking then i'm going to go out and start enslaving black people again because "well only 100 years ago or so people were doing it"

i live in the now....you go ahead and keep living in the past......should i also still believe the world is flat as well?
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 25 2009 1:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

except its a little different because Jesus didn't conquer his converts....who do you think was most following their "great prophet?"
Digital_Satan
Shut Up Bitch!!
1,100 Posts
26/M/SD

offline   (5)
November 25 2009 1:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: paradelights

except its a little different because Jesus didn't conquer his converts....who do you think was most following their "great prophet?"

because they probably believed what he was saying was true and wanted it.
chris spiro
got that pma
5,371 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 25 2009 1:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:paradelights

Yeah but people still conquered in the name of Jesus. at the end of the day, both religions were spread in the exact same way.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 25 2009 1:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:chris spiro

Yeah but people still conquered in the name of Jesus. at the end of the day, both religions were spread in the exact same way.

The point I'm making is that some people do things under a distorted idea, while some are reacting accurately to their beliefs. You can't always just assume that any Muslim acting or any Christian acting is operating under accurate understanding of their religion.

Lets say I'm a waiter at some restaurant, can you call me your waiter if I'm working on your car outside?
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,480 Posts
41/M/PA

online   (1)
November 25 2009 1:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i love how people think it makes sense to compare things Christians did 800 years ago to what Islamic terrorists are doing today.

because we all know that in 2009 the state of the world, logic wise, is the same as it was in the year 1200
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 25 2009 1:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

"You can't always just assume that any Muslim acting or any Christian acting is operating under accurate understanding of their religion."

You're right. But you also can't just assume that your current understanding of your religion was always the prevailing understanding of it.
white trash dirt bag
pass the whore
2,167 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (6)
November 25 2009 2:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:sidney

i live in the now

the present is composed of the past. and all that past was the backstory when a fundamentalist christian regime [the bush administration] waged war on an islamic country [iraq] without provocation and killed 650,000 civilians. the amount of human blood shed in that single adventure dwarfs anything al q'aida could ever hope to accomplish. and it provided them with the best evidence possible that they were on the side of righteousness and justice.

if you don't bother to or can't understand the past, then you can't possibly understand the present. what you are calling living in your "now" is just another synonym for the veil of ignorance that allowed all that to happen. if it doesn't effect your comfort zone, and is fed to you only in snack-sized morsels, individually wrapped in persistant denial, then yeah, go ahead and kill 30,000, 100,000, or 600,000, it doesn't matter. hell, they weren't even that white.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,480 Posts
41/M/PA

online   (1)
November 25 2009 2:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i forgot who i'm talking too....your probably thinking Bush represents all that is Christian and waged that war based on his religious belief system.....so i'm out as far as talking to you about this.
white trash dirt bag
pass the whore
2,167 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (6)
November 25 2009 2:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
my loss. lol
forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: why are you not christian?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?