forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply
tom.
^__^
62,529 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 24 2009 11:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
best answer.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 24 2009 12:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:LastOnePicked

Originally posted by:paradelights

Originally posted by:Davey.

Originally posted by: paradelights

what is the current rate of divorce in america matt?

mentioning the current divorce rate would actually be proving my point if you know the context behind it. just sayin.

the context behind what?
a percentage on its own has no context.

i'm just wondering seeing as marriage is the key to a healthy sexual relationship, just how reliable it is.

In the 1950's the divorce rate was far lower...but then again, the nation actually practiced Christian principles. The divorce rate today should say something about how promiscuous sex doesn't work today, not the reliability of marriage (or lack thereof).

Ahem...the 50's:
Racism.
Segregation.
McCarthyism.
All the other shitty stuff people did before the 50's, and still do now.

Fuck the 50s.
Fuck the idea that the nation "practiced christian principles."
Fuck you for thinking everybody should live by your religion's version of sharia law.

good point. it's true, they didn't practice "all" Christian principles. Unfortunately neither does any generation. The Christian culture today practices some, but they are divorcing others.
Christians aren't perfect. the whole point of being a Christian is admitting you're a screw up in the first place and need God.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 24 2009 12:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:LordLuvKnuckle

i am more sane than matt, i am able to have relationships, i have no diseases and i havent made anyone pregnant.
so he can promise that those things will happen all he likes, but he is wrong and also a fucking idiot.

There are literally millions of people who have these problems. Maybe you're lucky.

And what? Christians don't have these problems at all? Stifled sexual impulses I'm sure can create a lot more "problems" then just being the sexual being that you naturally are.

Take Catholic Preists. . .they are not allowed to have sex at all, so. . . . . .a whole shit load of them are now in trouble for Molestation of little boys and girls. Not to mention the Thousands that got away with it.

Yes. Denying sexual feelings is totally natural and healthy. Or wait. Maybe because they were Catholics and not Christians is why they comitted these crimes right?

there is not "denying" sex, it's simply putting it off till the proper time. catholics are just not very smart because they misinterpret the bible to say that you must deny sex....which is just retarded since the first commandment in the bible is "be fruitful and multiply." In other words, you glorify God by producing like rabits.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 24 2009 12:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

mentioning the current divorce rate would actually be proving my point if you know the context behind it. just sayin.

the context behind what?

i'm just wondering seeing as marriage is the key to a healthy sexual relationship, just how reliable it is.

In the 1950's the divorce rate was far lower...but then again, the nation actually practiced Christian principles. The divorce rate today should say something about how promiscuous sex doesn't work today, not the reliability of marriage (or lack thereof).

Marriage is Unnatural in itself. If marriage was normal then no body would cheat on anyone or get divorced.

if marriage is unnatural, what is this impulse to want security in a relationship?
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (25)
November 24 2009 12:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

the context behind what?

Marriage is Unnatural in itself. If marriage was normal then no body would cheat on anyone or get divorced.

if marriage is unnatural, what is this impulse to want security in a relationship?

at this point it is a cultural thing. The idea of Marriage is what gets people swept up uinto the whole thing. The wedding, the gowns, the cake. Thers is no sanctity in marriage. It's all legal.

You mean to tell me that 2 people can't just live together? They have to get married and then have the laws come into their lives? Marriage is not between just a man and a woman. It is also a legal contract.
Therefore immoral.

i do agree with you there. it does'nt take a piece of paper to say whether or not you can spend the rest of your life together. but like he said its the gowns and the cake and the ceremony that is appealing. usually its the woman that wants all of that but being in a relationship is wanting to see the other person happy.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
November 24 2009 1:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:adam.

like I said, "If you have sex without commitment (lifelong commitment even), it will screw your mind up, and it will screw up your future ability to have relationships, it will give you diseases, and it will produce children you never meant to have and screw them up too."

I promise you, this is what happens. You can bash Christianity till hell freezes over and tommynorcal admits he needs psychological help, but it works.

since everyone here but you is living proof that it doesn't happen, i maintain that you are full of shit.

TOOTHPAC SHAKUR
master quoter
30,897 Posts
32/M/OH

offline   (15)
November 24 2009 2:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brian.

natty, PBR, and high life.

nighty night, keep your butthole tight.[/quote
liamrulz
embarrassed for y
20,661 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (17)
November 24 2009 2:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
on a related note, show of hands, who has had sex IN a church? anyone? just me? good to know.
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (25)
November 24 2009 2:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Liam ODonnell M.Div.

on a related note, show of hands, who has had sex IN a church? anyone? just me? good to know.

sinner
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 24 2009 5:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

I agree with Seeinsparklesyet to an extent. It's a bit more than just a piece of paper. Marriage is mixing families together for accountability as well as love. Marriage is a promise bonded with sacrifice. Except on rare occasions, you will not find a commitment as strong by just "living together." You're essentially not demonstrating to your woman that you love her enough to love her family as well as her with any kind of sacrifice and openness with her family.

If some dude wanted to take my daughter away and just "live with her." I'd straight up call him unmannly and probably take a gun with me to the mans house to get her back. There is no way I'd let my daughter live with a wussy like that. If you really love her, show her you love her and be man enough to marry her family as well. Anything less and you're using her like a prostitute you don't pay.
TOOTHPAC SHAKUR
master quoter
30,897 Posts
32/M/OH

offline   (15)
November 24 2009 5:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: TOOTHPAC SHAKUR

Originally posted by: brian.

natty, PBR, and high life.

nighty night, keep your butthole tight.[/quote

Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,110 Posts
52/M/NA

offline   (1)
November 24 2009 5:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

I agree with Seeinsparklesyet to an extent. It's a bit more than just a piece of paper. Marriage is mixing families together for accountability as well as love. Marriage is a promise bonded with sacrifice. Except on rare occasions, you will not find a commitment as strong by just "living together." You're essentially not demonstrating to your woman that you love her enough to love her family as well as her with any kind of sacrifice and openness with her family.

If some dude wanted to take my daughter away and just "live with her." I'd straight up call him unmannly and probably take a gun with me to the mans house to get her back. There is no way I'd let my daughter live with a wussy like that. If you really love her, show her you love her and be man enough to marry her family as well. Anything less and you're using her like a prostitute you don't pay.

i actually agree with you for the most part (!) because i am very pro-family (though unlike you i have no problems with homosexual families), but you can take it too far. you don't own your hypothetical daughter, and after a certain age you, too, would be treating her like a possession by acting like that.

i also wouldn't use the phrase "marry her family." you BECOME part of your spouse's family, but your primary responsibility is to her/him, not the parents or siblings. there is a difference.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 24 2009 5:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
good point. again good point with the possession part. she should make her own choice. let me just say, "I would feel like" going to the guys house to take her back because I would love my daughter. she has the right to make her own choices in stupid matters and I would have to be one standing in the distance waiting for her to straighten up herself.

I think a woman deserves respect enough to be married though. We've all done stupid things with girlfriends and screwed up in areas, but it's at least important to do our best to not repeat our mistakes.
Gray16
SlavesShallServe
1 Posts
25/M/NA

offline   (5)
November 24 2009 5:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Because my family were really religeous, and i used to go to bible study alot, after studying the bible, i realised its all bull shit!...there are hundreds of inconsistencies and i simply hate it!...
I also hate the catholic church!
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
November 24 2009 5:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah, no kidding. I think it's sad there are so many atheists from a catholic background. It makes me wonder if I would have gone to God if I was from a catholic background.

forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: why are you not christian?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?