forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,534 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 11:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:WREN

most Catholics i know, stopped going to church every Sunday shortly after they completed CCD.

not all, but most.

and they still consider themselves Catholics or Christian?

WREN
Pulp Free
52,190 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 19 2009 11:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
yep.
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (25)
November 19 2009 11:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

most Catholics i know, stopped going to church every Sunday shortly after they completed CCD.

not all, but most.

you dont have to go to church every sunday to be a christian. many christians dont go to church at all. I only go on big holidays now but i still read my bible and i still plan on raising my child with christian beliefs. But it doesnt take a church or sanctuary to talk to god.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,534 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 11:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Seeinsparklesyet?!

not all, but most.

you dont have to go to church every sunday to be a christian. many christians dont go to church at all. I only go on big holidays now but i still read my bible and i still plan on raising my child with christian beliefs. But it doesnt take a church or sanctuary to talk to god.

i don't believe it takes a church or sanctuary to talk to God either......BUT i do believe going to mass on Sundays and religious holidays is a big part of being a Catholic....at least for me.....to each his own though.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,190 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 19 2009 11:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
hey i'm not bashing anyone. If living and breathing religion is your thing then more power to you.

I personally don't think you need to go set foot in a specific building in order to do your thing. I get that you feel closer to God when inside a church and you get to hear your teachings from people who dedicate their whole lives to it. I mean I would go to a Temple and listen to a Monk teach. I'm not going to learn all I can without the help of others so it's kind of the same thing. But on the flip side I do most of my research in my own home. I don't have to go to a temple to meditate. I can do it wherever I please.

Which reminds me. I should be doing that more.
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (25)
November 19 2009 11:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

not all, but most.

i don't believe it takes a church or sanctuary to talk to God either......BUT i do believe going to mass on Sundays and religious holidays is a big part of being a Catholic....at least for me.....to each his own though.

thats why you should never bring up politics or religion. everyone will have their own opinion.
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
65/M/NA

offline   (18)
November 19 2009 12:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
because I like men.
Dianana
8====D
66,428 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (8)
November 19 2009 12:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

typical is only going on Christmas and Easter?

also your father was not Catholic so again....how is that a typical Catholic family?

Have you never heard the term North Eastern Catholics? They only go to church on Christmas and Easter?

And by "typical Catholic," i mean "full of shit."

And my father had the right idea. Don't get mad that my experience with the Catholic church isn't all unicorns and rainbows.
Glenn Beck
Time Husk
4 Posts
54/M/CT

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 1:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Clearly the majority of you want to destroy the moral fabric of our great country.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,534 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 1:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:dfw

typical is only going on Christmas and Easter?

also your father was not Catholic so again....how is that a typical Catholic family?

Have you never heard the term North Eastern Catholics? They only go to church on Christmas and Easter?

And by "typical Catholic," i mean "full of shit."

And my father had the right idea. Don't get mad that my experience with the Catholic church isn't all unicorns and rainbows.

i was getting mad?

and now that you described what "typical Catholic" means to you then your orginal statement makes total sense to me now.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,534 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 1:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

not all, but most.

thats why you should never bring up politics or religion. everyone will have their own opinion.

lol..i agree.....that is why i posted to tom when he started this thread that this was "another religion bashing" post on PAHC
Brett Weir
im gay
45,163 Posts
34/M/NY

offline   (8)
November 19 2009 1:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
sidneys really getting offended over some minuscule shit.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,534 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2009 1:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
totally
Toilet Fleet
VoxRepublica.com
1,699 Posts
35/M/NY

November 19 2009 8:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The correct answer: for reasons as personal as somebody's reasons for embracing Christ.

On a personal note, I really like a lot of Christians I've dealt with on a regular basis. Some of the most awesome people I've met (both in the vernacular and literal awe-inspiring senses) were Jesuits, who are just so awesome. I've quite literally seen a Jesuit respond to a random drunk kid going "man, fuck the Pope" with a few seconds of quiet reflection, and then going "well, you might have a point, but consider it this way..." and then making a lucid argument about the nature of the church itself. Jesuits: the Catholic Jedi.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
November 19 2009 10:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Toilet Fleet

The correct answer: for reasons as personal as somebody's reasons for embracing Christ.

On a personal note, I really like a lot of Christians I've dealt with on a regular basis. Some of the most awesome people I've met (both in the vernacular and literal awe-inspiring senses) were Jesuits, who are just so awesome. I've quite literally seen a Jesuit respond to a random drunk kid going "man, fuck the Pope" with a few seconds of quiet reflection, and then going "well, you might have a point, but consider it this way..." and then making a lucid argument about the nature of the church itself. Jesuits: the Catholic Jedi.

I might consider converting if they had lightsabers.
forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: why are you not christian?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?