forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply
crunkmoose
FuckRandPaul!
23,998 Posts
64/M/MA

offline   (9)
April 21 2012 2:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kadesh

how is this thread still alive?

Because there are so many good reasons not to be a Christian.
tom.
^__^
61,393 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (5)
April 21 2012 3:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
what is "good," if not just a word to describe something relatively pleasurable to personal well-being?
sullen
Cyborg Slayers
25 Posts
23/M/NA

offline   (1)
April 21 2012 4:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
good and evil are two moral concepts taught at an early age by family, school, etc...
tom.
^__^
61,393 Posts
31/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (5)
April 21 2012 4:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lolirl.
crunkmoose
FuckRandPaul!
23,998 Posts
64/M/MA

offline   (9)
April 21 2012 7:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: tom.

what is "good," if not just a word to describe something relatively pleasurable to personal well-being?

Semantics fail.
joe vena
BODYROTT
4,621 Posts
25/M/PA

offline   (6)
April 21 2012 7:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

give me a fucking break
jdubit
Time Husk
782 Posts
M/NA

offline   (3)
April 25 2012 5:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: crunkmoose

Originally posted by: i am skimble

Originally posted by: jdubit

Originally posted by: the jizzler

he gave his life as a man. let me ask you. would that be easy? especially the way Jesus died. would it be easy? even if you knew that you would be resurrected as a spiritual being?

He knew he was an incarnation of God (If God is all-knowing and Jesus is God then Jesus must know he is God or God is not all-knowing or Jesus is not God). If you knew you were God than you know it is impossible for you to actually die, actually suffer, actually feel pain--so... no he didn't sacrifice anything, it was essentially a pageant.

He sacrificed himself to himself to pay for the sins committed by adam and eve when they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil... even though before doing this evil thing they actually had no knowledge of good and evil.

Not only is the christian religion bullshit, even if it weren't its god would be a monster.

He didn't sacrifice himself to himself. Where do you get that?

the tree of knowledge was there for a reason. without it, they would essentially have no choice in whether to obey or disobey God. this came with the gift of free will.

i don't know why you call God a monster. he gave you life with 5 senses to enjoy it.
Davey.
Iron Hog
40,337 Posts
28/M/NA

online   (13)
April 25 2012 5:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
God didnt give me life, and humans have far more than 5 senses.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
34,992 Posts
29/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (7)
April 25 2012 6:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i believe i can fly
i believe i can touch the sky
i think about it every night and day
spread my wings and fly away
crunkmoose
FuckRandPaul!
23,998 Posts
64/M/MA

offline   (9)
April 25 2012 10:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

he gave his life as a man. let me ask you. would that be easy? especially the way Jesus died. would it be easy? even if you knew that you would be resurrected as a spiritual being?

He knew he was an incarnation of God (If God is all-knowing and Jesus is God then Jesus must know he is God or God is not all-knowing or Jesus is not God). If you knew you were God than you know it is impossible for you to actually die, actually suffer, actually feel pain--so... no he didn't sacrifice anything, it was essentially a pageant.

He sacrificed himself to himself to pay for the sins committed by adam and eve when they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil... even though before doing this evil thing they actually had no knowledge of good and evil.

Not only is the christian religion bullshit, even if it weren't its god would be a monster.

the tree of knowledge was there for a reason. without it, they would essentially have no choice in whether to obey or disobey God. this came with the gift of free will.

i don't know why you call God a monster. he gave you life with 5 senses to enjoy it.

If Jesus is God and not a wholly separate entity, then he sacrificed himself to himself.

Without knowledge of good and evil the idea of free will in that instance is a complete fucking joke.. and a cruel one at that.

If you don't know why I call your god a monster, then you haven't read your bible very closely.
tom.
^__^
61,393 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (5)
April 25 2012 10:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: joe vena

give me a fucking break

it was just a question...
crunkmoose
FuckRandPaul!
23,998 Posts
64/M/MA

offline   (9)
April 25 2012 6:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

give me a fucking break

It was an inane, self-serving, and leading question that starts off with a false premise. You're better than this, Tom.
jdubit
Time Husk
782 Posts
M/NA

offline   (3)
April 27 2012 8:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

If Jesus is God and not a wholly separate entity, then he sacrificed himself to himself.

Without knowledge of good and evil the idea of free will in that instance is a complete fucking joke.. and a cruel one at that.

If you don't know why I call your god a monster, then you haven't read your bible very closely.

No, Jesus is not Jehovah God. The Bible does not support the trinity doctrine. Also, no monster would give us the amazing gift that is life and an amazing planet that lets us enjoy life all the more!
jdubit
Time Husk
782 Posts
M/NA

offline   (3)
April 27 2012 8:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

give me a fucking break

It was an inane, self-serving, and leading question that starts off with a false premise. You're better than this, Tom.

crunkmoose is never wrong tom
tom.
^__^
61,393 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (5)
April 28 2012 10:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

give me a fucking break

no it's not. it's basic ethics. it's one of the most foundational questions that society is built upon but for some reason, it upsets you (and whoever else) that i asked it. i want to gather why.
forum Politics and Society ›› why are you not christian? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: why are you not christian?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band